Nefertiti duPont, MD, MPH, FACOG, FACS
Dr. duPont is a board certified gynecologic oncologist with the Greater Houston Physicians Medical Association. Her practice focuses on the diagnosis, treatment and management of all gynecologic malignancies. She has expertise in the treatment of patients with genetic cancer syndromes such as BRCA 1 & 2 gene mutations, Lynch syndrome and Cowden syndrome.
She earned her medical degree from Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine in 1999. In addition to being recognized for her involvement in clinical research, Dr. duPont has authored and co-authored several journal articles. She has served on the Gynecologic Oncology Group’s cervix and vulvar committee, the National Comprehensive Cancer Network’s cervical and uterine cancer panel and the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s Health Care Disparities committee.
Her interests include robotic surgery, health care policy and health care disparities.
Board Certifications and Fellowships
- Diplomate, Obstetrics and Gynecology by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Diplomate, Gynecologic Oncology by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Undergraduate: University of Virginia
- Medical School: Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Internship and Residency: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City
- Fellowship: University of California, Irvine Medical Center
- Graduate: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Gillings School of Global Public Health
Awards and Honors
- 2012 Gynecologic Oncology Group Young Investigator Award
- University of North Carolina Gillings School of Global Public Health Theta Chapter of Delta Omega, Honorary Public Health Society
- 2003 University of Oklahoma, Department of OB/GYN Annual Awards Day, Best Paper by an OB/GYN Resident
- 2002 American Medical Association Foundation Leadership Award
- 2002 University of Oklahoma, Department of OB/GYN Annual Awards Day, Medical Student Teaching Award for a Third Year OB/GYN Resident; Best Paper by an OB/GYN Resident & Best Paper by a Third Year OB/GYN Resident
- 2001 University of Oklahoma Department of OB/GYN Annual Awards Day Medical Student Teaching Award for a Second Year OB/GYN Resident & Best Paper by a Second Year OB/GYN Resident
- 1999 James A. Knight Award for Leadership in Medicine
- National Medical Fellowship
- Journal for Minority Medical Students, Campus Representative of the Year
- University of Virginia Lawn Resident
- Pumpkin award from the P.U.M.P.K.I.N. Society
Publications, Peer Review
Twarozek AM, Eggert T, Puca ZG, duPont NC, Erwin DO, Fox CH, Mahoney MC. Promoting Tobacco Cessation in a Community Based Women's Health Centre. Women’s Health Care 2015;4(2):1-5.
Polite BN, Griggs JJ, Moy B, Lathan C, duPont NC, Villani G, Wong SL, Halpern MT. American Society of Clinical Oncology Policy Statement on Medicaid Reform. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2014;32(36):4162-4168.
Mhawech-Fauceglia P, Wang D, Samrao D, Liu S, duPont NC, Pejovic T. Trefoil factor family 3 (TFF3) expression and its interaction with estrogen receptor (ER) in endometrial adenocarcinoma. Gynecologic Oncology 2013; 130:174-180.
Odunsi K, Matsuzaki J, Karbach J, Neumann A, Mhawech-Fauceglia P, Miller A, Morrison C, Ritter G, Godoy H, Lele S, duPont N, Shrikant P, Old LJ, Gnjatic S, Jager E. Efficacy of vaccination with recombinant vaccinia and fowlpox vectors expressing NY-ESO-1 in ovarian cancer and melanoma patients. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 2012;109(15):5797-5802.
Mhawech-Fauceglia P, Wang D, Syriac S, Godoy H, duPont N, Liu S, Odunsi K. Synuclein-γ (SNCG) protein expression is associated with poor outcome in endometrial adenocarcinoma. Gynecologic Oncology 2012;124(1):148-152.
Mhawech-Fauceglia P, Kesterson J, Wang D, Akers S, duPont NC, Clark K, Lele S, Liu S. Expression and clinical significance of the transforming growth factor β signaling pathway in endometrial cancer. Histopathology 2011;59(1):63-72.
duPont NC, Chandrasekhar R, Wilding G, Guru KA. Current trends in robot assisted surgery: a survey of gynecologic oncologists. International Journal of Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery 2010;6(4):468-472.
duPont NC, Guru KA, Iskander GB, Odunsi K, Lele SB, Rodabaugh KJ. Instituting a robot assisted surgery program at a tertiary care cancer center. International Journal of Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery 2010;6(3):330-333.
duPont NC, DiSaia PJ. Recurrent endometrial stromal sarcoma: treatment with a progestin and gonadotropin releasing hormone agonist. Sarcoma 2010.
duPont NC, Koeninger D, Guyer J, Travers D. Selecting an electronic medical record system for a small physician practice. North Carolina Medical Journal. 2009;70(5):399-403.
duPont NC, Mabuchi S, Ries S, Berman ML. Sclerosing ductal carcinoma of the clitoris with microcystic adnexal carcinoma-like features. Journal of Cutaneous Pathology 2009;36(3):359-361.
Nelson EL, Wenzel LB, Osann K, Dogan Ates A, Chantana N, Reina-Patton A, Laust A, Nishimoto K, Chicz-Demet A, duPont N, Monk BJ. Stress, immunity, and cervical cancer: biobehavioral outcomes of a randomized clinical trial. Clinical Cancer Research 2008;14:2111-2118.
duPont NC, Wang K, Wadhwa P, Culhane J, Nelson EL. Validation and comparison of luminex multiplex cytokine analysis kits with ELISA: determinations of a panel of nine cytokines in clinical sample culture supernatants. Journal of Reproductive Immunology 2005;66(2):175-191.
Publications, Non Peer Review
Koh WJ, Greer BE, Abu-Rustum NR, Apte SM, Campos SM, Chan J, Cho KR, Cohn D, Crispens MA, duPont N, Eifel PJ, Nickles Fader A, Fisher CM, Gaffney DK, George S, Han E, Huh WK, Lurain JR 3rd, Martin L, Mutch D, Remmenga SW, Reynolds RK, Small W Jr, Teng N, Tillmanns T, Valea FA, McMillian N, Hughes M. Uterine neoplasms. Journal of National Comprehensive Cancer Network 2014;12:248-280.
Koh WJ, Greer BE, Abu-Rustum NR, Apte SM, Campos SM, Chan J, Cho KR, Cohn D, Crispens MA, duPont N, Eifel PJ, Gaffney DK, Giuntoli RL 2nd, Han E, Huh WK, Lurain JR 3rd, Martin L, Morgan MA, Mutch D, Remmenga SW, Reynolds RK, Small W Jr, Teng N, Tillmanns T, Valea FA, McMillian NR, Hughes M. Cervical cancer. Journal of National Comprehensive Cancer Network 2013;11(3):320-343.
Greer BE, Koh WJ, Abu-Rustum NR, Apte SM, Campos SM, Chan J, Cho KR, Copeland L, Crispens MA, duPont N, Eifel PJ, Gaffney DK, Huh WK, Kapp DS, Lurain JR 3rd, Martin L, Morgan MA, Morgan RJ Jr, Mutch D, Remmenga SW, Reynolds RK, Small W Jr., Teng N, Valea FA. Cervical cancer. Journal of National Comprehensive Cancer Network 2010;8(12):1388-1416.
duPont N, Monk BJ. Chemotherapy in the management of cervical carcinoma. Clinical Advances in Hematology Oncology 2006;4(4):279-286.
duPont N, Monk BJ. Chemotherapy and chemoradiation in the current management of cervical carcinoma. Oncology Special Edition [serial online] 2005 Aug;8:1-7.
duPont NC, Berman ML. Surgical management of epithelial ovarian cancer: a review of the literature. Minerva Ginecologica 2004;56(6):547-556.
duPont N. Diary of a trip to paradise. Journal for Minority Medical Students 1998;10(3):74-75.
duPont N. Changing the hearts of doctors. Journal for Minority Medical Students 1997;9(3):34-35.
duPont N. Commentary. Texas Medicine 1997;93:18-19.